Saturday, October 11, 2014

My story...

Today I want to give gratitude to not only my team mates on Team Vertical and Team Aspire but to the opportunity and blessing that is Team Beachbody. (I wanted to post it here before I jumped my comfort zone and posted on my page!)
Some of you know my story, some don’t, and I have been challenged by my coach to share my story and how Beachbody has changed my life. 
I spent the majority of my life either being overweight, or just feeling overweight.  I spent the majority of my time while active duty, overweight…except for the deployment where the only thing to do was workout and work.   
A co-worker with the company I am currently with joined Team Beachbody, and I noticed she lost A LOT of weight, and I was dying to know what she did.  She first introduced me to Team Beachbody, and Tony Horton’s 10-minute trainer program, back in 2012.  I lost about 10-15 pounds, which really made me want to do more. (I was not drinking Shakeology at this time).  I was really unsure of Shakeology, to be honest, I was drinking something else from GNC. 
After I moved to Alabama, a complete stranger noticed me and offered me an opportunity as a Team Beachbody coach. Ok, in all honesty, she wasn’t a “complete” stranger, she was an Ammo sister, so we were technically family.    I knew the programs worked and I loved them!  And what is even better, is I had been considering it for a while, but the individual that introduced me to Beachbody had seemed to drop off the face of the earth…no longer on FB, didn’t respond to my email messages – through yahoo or the Beachbody program, and I know she had moved to Germany.  So when this Ammo Sister contacted me, I was unsure what to do.  But she walked me through everything! 
SHAKEOLOGY! Nope, not just a shake, nope not just a protein powder. It a nutrient dense shake with all that stuff we normally add to a blender...in one packet. Maca powder, chia seeds, fruits & veggies, flax, pro and pre biotics...to name a few!!! Its a no brainer to do one shake instead of all the stuff to make it ONE shake. This is my morning snack and dessert savor.
So the benefits I have with Shakeology:  I have asthma – and starting a workout routine, and getting all my daily nutrients with Shakeology, I no longer have to take my inhaler daily!  I have energy, and I no longer need to get an afternoon caffeine pick-me-up. 
The programs I’ve done so far include 10 minute trainer, Hip Hop Abs, Focus T25, and PiYo.   There was also a Shakeology workout video that I also love.  My hubs says I have workout ADD, since I haven't actually completed a program from start to finish, except for PiYo.  Which reminds me, I need a new program! 
I know I am still in the middle of my story…no where close to the end.  I might not be the weight I want to be, or the size I want, but I am stronger, healthier, and happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment